Friday, September 23, 2005

"MATRU DEVO BHAVA; PITRU DEVO BHAVA"


So very truly said in Hindu Mythology. Parents are another name for GOD. They are the most valuable asset I possess. These words are for them:


Love you Mom, you are my true friend
The day I was born,she held my hand

she 's responsible for today where I stand.
First step I walked,the sound of my voice,
these trivial things made her rejoice.
My first day at school I craved for her presence;
since then till today,I cannot forget her essence.
Made friends at college,stayed out late,
she would wait at the dinner table until I ate.
As the years pass by I grow old, independent
miles away we may be but my love for her
will always be incandescent.
We share tales,we share tears inspite of life's strange bend
she always makes me smile,shes my true friend.


Dad, You are a sweetheart
Grew as a tiny thing in your huge hands,

Followed him everywhere, be it winds or sands.
My motivation in life has been you,
This inspiration & appreciation is for a fortunate few.
Learnt to be bold,learnt to face the truth,
You told me, work hard to achieve the fruit.
We laughed in moments of travel & joy,
Cant forget those cakes, O'boy.
You never failed to stand by my side in sorrow,
Always showed me a brighter tomorrow.
I wanted, you would also give me a crown,
But would never let me frown.
Wishing you the very best on this day,
"May God Bless You" is all I have to say.

3 Comments:

Blogger SAL said...

Fortunate or not I dont know...
But I'm incomplete without them & so r they without me :)

7:39 PM, September 25, 2005  
Blogger Kaushal said...

Too good Saloni!

1:35 PM, September 26, 2005  
Blogger Rashmi Mudiyanur said...

yes, both of us have almost the same state of mind for now :). Its so true that you get unconditional love from them - my consicous of guilt sorely chastens me on whether I can give them back in whole what i get, perhaps never!!!

8:38 AM, September 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home