Friday, September 30, 2005

BELIEVE IT OR NOT

GOD

GOD... this word itself runs a quick lightning through my body. The word in itself has so much strength. Its that belief in GOD that is natural to most, but not to all. Some may say it is just a ceramic idol... but to some it may mean the world. Its an individual's viewpoint. It still surprises me that how can a sight of an idol or even a small picture in my wallet could be a big source of motivation. What makes me worship the idol/picture? Is it the belief? Is the Lords heroic tales? I know it the values that my family engraved into me, but still it just comes so naturally.

GOD, that supernatural power whom I can share my thoughts, laughs, sorrow, achievements, downs, right, wrong, be it anything I cant always tell others. Hes that someone whom I fear. He makes me divert to the “Good” direction. Hes the one who inspires me to work harder to achieve what I desire. Hes the one who makes me what I'm. Its that one GOD whom I can trust when the world shows their back. Its the feeling of just being blessed by his presence , its so pure.

Also, the thought of there being no GOD around scares me. Its that one person (maybe not even a person) that I can confide in. Where would I get all my positive energy from? Where would I find those rays of enlightenment? Whom would I surrender myself to? Can I ever have the same degree of faith in someone else?

It leaves me pensive... Does this happen to you too?

4 Comments:

Blogger Rashmi Mudiyanur said...

I don’t wanna get into the argument of god exists or not - cos defining god itself is highly personalized and something that people would love to do it to themselves, I don’t wanna commit a sacrilege by getting into this. Well, god is something that need not have forms – its like a feeling of a pinch or a burn or love for all you know – these things don’t have forms, something that you can just perceive, as part of our upbringing we are ingrained with certain instincts, we are born with certain instincts, could be any of these - it can be your height of perfection, it is something that you look up to and try to set your limit, it’s a mark of support in other case, it depends on how you define for yourself…well, saloni I never feel deprived of god cos there has never been a moment without him for me…he is like an eternal healer, philosopher, pleader and leader for me :D!

6:08 PM, September 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

God is the ultimate role model ... personally am not sure if HE exists or no ... Whatever the case, its the belief that matters ... and believing in HIM does define a purpose in life ...

2:56 PM, October 02, 2005  
Blogger SAL said...

Completely agree that hes everywhere. And there have been moments with no way out, and his brief thought has helped me find a solution. As u said, it cud b mere "coincidence, luck or my motivation, self-effort, and hard work"

12:12 PM, October 03, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Though i have never believed in Idol worship .. i strongly believe that there is a driving force which we term as GOD.

And as I always say ... "believe in YOURSELF and believe in GOD" ... and you would be the most succesful human being ...

10:41 AM, November 22, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home