Thursday, December 15, 2005

I want to break free...!

The semester was to end on 12th. Was too enth to finish all my work & wrap up for a while. Then I hear the project got postponed to 14th, was still fine... coz needed time to get done with the project. And to my badluck its further postponed to 17th...tch tch tch! Taarikh pe taarikh, taarikh pe taarikh ;)

However, the excitement to get back home is getting even stronger, with few days to go. The countdown has begun...! 10... 9... 8... 7... 6... 5... 4... 3... 2... 1... 0... here I come !

Its been a while I've been home. Cant wait to see those faces I used to see each & every day of my life. The satisfaction to see the faces of my dearest Mom & Dad is gonna be just so energizing. The warmth is their hug, the freshness in their Smile, the fragrance in their presence, the aura they create, the atmosphere at home...cant wait to feel it all. Its a completely vague feeling, the anxiety is just making me too restless & eager :P

Dil chahta ke bas jhoom uthu, cheekh uthu
bas unke chehre ko choom loo

unke badan ko aise lipat padu ki chodu hi naa
itni baatein karu, khatam hi na ho yeh lamhaa

unki woh baatein, unka woh daantnaa
unse pyaar, unse choti baaton pe roothna

unka woh anokha andaaz, unki har adaa
yaad hai mujhe har baat, har waadaa

unka meri har zidd, har khwaaish ko poora karna
har galti ko aasaani se maaf karna

kaise bhool sakti hoon mein unse woh judai ka pal
nikaal liya hai meine iss mushkil ka hal

Mumma Paapaa... Haan mein aa rahi hoon,
aa rahi hoon,aa rahi hoon...!

Oh how I want to break free! Its been a long time, I need this break, I need to get home :)

8 Comments:

Blogger Rashmi Mudiyanur said...

tell me about it!!! We enjoy life and get used to what we have wherever we are, however there is always that emptiness and feeling of missing something most adorable in our lives and that sure a thing is our parents!!!

BTW, good compilation and keep it going:D !!!!

9:39 AM, December 15, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sal .. exactly 3/4th of a year back ... i was practically in the same situation ... and i can very well feel the emotions in your words ...

timus

9:46 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Rêves said...

Nice one sal :)
I know how disappointing it wud be for you when the project got postponed.
U know what was worst in my case… My plane landed at the Bombay airport and we still had to sit in the plane for about an hour due to the air-traffic!

That was the craziest 1 hour I have experienced! My parents, my friends, subir's parents, his friends...standing on the other side of the wall...and I was in the plane for one hour!!!

I hope your air-line will not be so cruel :)
(Amen! ;)

have a great trip :)

9:58 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Ess said...

was tht poem on the lines of the one tht amitabh says in SILSILA, i guess!!!
neways....Jo bhi hain...accha hain.
haan, waise Joe bhi kafi accha hain.

nahi samjha to forget it!!!
Coz, its India Calling now and nething else is secondary!!!

I still remember my first (and only :() visit bak. Spend as much time as u can, with your parents. Coz, ek baar job lag jaaye to India jaana nahi hota...and even if u do...u will go for 2-3 weeks.

10:37 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger SAL said...

I guess each one of us have or are going through this phase. I'm sure its easy to relate :) Swaps I sympathize with u, fingers crossed! Hope my flight is on schedule completely.

11:52 AM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger Praveer said...

hmm....but i guess it is not just the joy of meeting your parents. it is also the happiness that the familiarity of the surroundings brings you.

anyways, enjoy your trip - coz you never know when you might get the chance to go home again, and for how long.

2:30 PM, December 15, 2005  
Blogger SOO-BEER said...

hey Sal .... I know what u must be feeling ... its a great feeling to meet your parents after such a long time. The funny thing is all the time, when we were in India, we never missed them so much(ofcourse we never were away from them ), but still I used to be out of the house almost the whole day and many times even for dinner.

But when the plane was landing in Mumbai , for my first visit back home, all those memories just came back and I decided that on this trip I will spend more time with them than my friends! I did that and I am so happy I did that !!! :)

Make sure that you spent all the time you possibly can with your parents and enjoy ur trip !!!

12:59 PM, December 17, 2005  
Blogger Kaushal said...

Well, I am still waiting to go to India for the first time, it's almost going to be 30 months now :(. Sometimes I feel if I go to India, I won't be able to come the world here. The thought is very scare. Coming USA for the first time was very exciting, but now it's not going to be like that.

Anyways, enjoy your time to the fullest.

7:53 PM, December 18, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home