Sunday, March 12, 2006

The Tooth Fairy, The Christmas Stocking

Was reading a book the other day, and came across 'The Tooth Fairy, The Christmas Stocking'. Remembered my childhood days :)

The Tooth Fairy:
The Tooth Fairy is a common childhood myth. When your first tooth falls out, put it under your pillow in the night. During the night, the Tooth Fairy will visit you, take the tooth and leave back a gift for you. In the morning, the Tooth Fairy had indeed been, and left back a compass-box I had asked my parents for some days back. I was ecstatic to see a gift under my pillow that morning, couldnt stop smiling :)

The Christmas Stocking:

As we all know, Santa Claus visits all the kids' homes and leaves back gifts in the stockings on christmas eve. Santa Claus, the beloved of Christmas symbols and traditions! One day I asked my parents "Is the Santa Claus story true?" They answered, "Why dont you try it, darling?" Decided to try it the same christmas eve, the inquisitive that I was, I'am ;) When I woke up checked the stocking to see if Santa Claus had come. To my surprise, he came and left back a small amount of hard cash in my stocking :) My joy knew no bounds!

It was only after years that I discovered, it was in fact my parents, and not a supernatural entity, that removed the tooth and left the gift in it's place... left money in my stocking. Thanks Mom-Dad, it was really special :)

8 Comments:

Blogger sumit said...

Indeed ... even i have enjoyed the gifts from Santa (actually my parents) till my 7th grade .. yeah guys my parents successfully made me believe in Santa till i was 12 years old ...

Have heard about the Tooth Fairy ... but I did not try that ...

5:45 AM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger Ess said...

santa never visited me...but I got gifts nonetheless :)

6:33 AM, March 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pls Saloni...or Santa whosoever is reading this...My Bday is coming in a months time and I wud not mind receiving some gifts...

6:00 PM, March 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sumit ...I dont believe u were this stupid till the age of 12 and believed in Santa...

6:12 PM, March 12, 2006  
Blogger Ameen Budhwani said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:10 PM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger Ameen Budhwani said...

Another good thought there Sal. I havent got any visits from Santa or Tooth Fairy but after reading your experience I would surely make my kids feel the same joy and enthusiasm, not only about Santa and Tooth Fairy, but all the gr8 things that are in store for their lives which I can give them.

10:11 PM, March 13, 2006  
Blogger SAL said...

hehe... Ameen! Nevaah mind, I know u r not married ;)

7:14 PM, March 14, 2006  
Blogger Calvin said...

ahh, these little things that parents do that make them so special!

9:34 PM, March 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home